- 1 lb. Hot, Mild, or Calabrese New York Style Italian Sausage (removed from casing)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons Shallots (finely chopped)
- 3 cups White Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 1 cup Fresh Tomatoes (diced)
- 11/2 cup Marinara Sauce (your favorite sauce)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 1 lb. Fettuccine (cooked until al dente and drained)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Cook sausage in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until crumbled and browned.
Drain off the oil and remove sausage to a dish.
Add butter, garlic, shallots and mushrooms to skillet.
Cook over medium heat until tender and lightly browned.
Add wine and cook until reduced. Stir in Half & Half.
Add back cooked sausage, diced tomatoes, and marinara sauce; cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Add fresh basil and use salt and pepper to taste.
Pour over cooked fettuccine and garnish with grated Parmesan.
Makes 4-6 servings.