Note: The boiled fresh chestnuts may be replaced with frozen chestnuts. Peel them and boil them for about 20 minutes in salted boiling water. You can also boil them in milk, depending on your preference.
- 1 lb. New York Style Ground Pork
- 1 lb. Boiled, Peeled, Ground Chestnuts
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- ¼ cup Freshly Grated Grana Padano Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley (chopped fine)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Marjoram (chopped fine)
- 1 cup Flour (seasoned lightly with Salt & Pepper)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 Small Peeled Pearl Onions
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
Mix the ground pork with the ground chestnuts, salt, freshly ground pepper, the grated Grana Padano, the chopped parsley, and marjoram.
Shape into meatballs the size of walnuts and roll them in flour. In a skillet, heat a thin layer of oil.
Fry the meatballs and onions in the skillet.
When meatballs are just done, drain off excess oil. Add the white wine (letting it simmer down into a sauce).
Cover and cook over a low flame for about 5 minutes. Serves 8.