Italian Sausage Soup
- 1 can Vegetable Broth
- 1 can Beef Broth
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 cup Sliced Baby Carrots
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 lb. Mild New York Style Italian Sausage
- 3 Stalks Celery (chopped medium)
- 3 Small Green Onions (chopped small)
- ¼ teaspoon Basil (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Salt-Free Vegetable Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Butter Salt or 1 tablespoon Margarine
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (cut lengthwise, pre-seeded, chopped small)
- ¾ cup Small Shell Macaroni (uncooked)
In a large 8 quart pan, heat vegetable broth, beef broth, corn, carrots, peas and red kidney beans.
Bring to a boil for a few minutes.
While cooking, crumble and sauté sausage in a separate skillet until lightly brown.
Drain excess grease and add to soup.
Add celery, onions, basil, vegetable seasoning and butter or margarine.
Stir and cook another few minutes.
Add tomatoes and macaroni.
Gently cook for another 20 minutes and serve.
Good served with cornbread or garlic bread.
Yields 6-8 servings.