New York Style Italian Sausage Bread
- 1 lb. New York Style Italian Sausage
- 1, 10 oz. Box Frozen Spinach (drained well)
- 4 oz. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (chopped)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2, 1 lb. Loaves Bridgeford Frozen Dough
- 1 Egg White (for wash)
Remove bread dough from freezer and thaw completely.
Brown the sausage in a frying pan, drain and set aside until cool.
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, add the beaten egg and mix thoroughly.
Roll dough on floured board into a rectangular shape approximately 1/2 inch thick.
Spread mixture evenly over the dough to within 1/2 inch from the edges and jelly roll tightly, remembering to tuck in the ends.
Beat egg white with 1 tablespoon water and coat the dough (this will ensure a nice brown color).
Bake at 325o for approximately 45 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
This is a great hors d’oeuvre or a light lunch or dinner when served with salad!