- ½ lb. Bulk New York Style Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Diced Onions
- 1 Clove Garlic (finely sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 2 Small Zucchini (sliced)
- 1 16 oz. can Tomatoes and Liquid
- 2 10 oz. can Beef Bouillon
- 2 cup Finely Shredded Cabbage
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 16 oz. can White Kidney Beans or Great Northern Beans
- ½ cup Rice
- ½ cup Dry Red Wine
- Grated Cheese
In an 11 quart soup pot with lid pre-heat olive oil and brown sausage.
Add onion, garlic, and basil and cook for 5 minutes.
Add zucchini, tomatoes, bouillon, cabbage, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
Simmer for 1 hour.
Add beans with liquid, rice and wine and cook until rice is tender.
Serve soup with grated cheese.
Serves 6 to 8.