Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
“New York Style”
- 1 ½ lbs. Medium Mushrooms (large Crimini or Baby Portobello preferred)
- ½ lb. New York Style Italian Sausage Roll (can also use Hot or Garlic Basil)
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Grated Asiago Cheese (can substitute Romano or Parmesan)
- 1 tablespoon Fine Chopped Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- ¼ cup Finely Chopped Yellow Onions
Remove mushroom stems and chop.
In a skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil and cook sausage until well browned.
Remove and drain with slotted spoon, put meat in mixing bowl.
Remove all but about 4 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
In hot drippings, over medium heat add crushed garlic and onion, cook until translucent.
Add mushroom stems and parsley.
Cook until tender (about 5 minutes); stir frequently.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in sausage then cheese and crumbs. Fill caps with mixture.
Place in 15.5” x 10.5” pre-oiled pan.
Bake approximately 30 minutes at 375o (preheated oven). Garnish with fresh parsley or basil leaves.